- HBO in Mechatronics, Applied Physics or a related field with at least 3 years relevant experience.
- Team player; good communication skills, also with non-experts; flexible.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills; stress resistant.
- Ability to speak and write at (at least) the B1 level in English mandatory (some of the customers and experimenters will be foreign).
- Willingness to work night shifts for some irradiations.
- Knowledge of/experience in: project management, electronics design, mechanical design.
Highly desirable (but not required) knowledge of/experience in:
- Vacuum technology, ion beam technology, radiation detection.
- Experience with strong (superconducting) magnets.
- Dutch radiation safety course certificate.
Conditions of employment
Your salary will be a maximum of € 4.615,- gross per month (scale 10), depending on your qualifications and relevant experience, based on a full-time appointment. In addition, the UMCG will offer you 8% holiday pay, and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. The conditions of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for Medical Centres (CAO-UMC). English: http://www.nfu.nl/english/about-the-nfu/
The employment basis is a temporary contract for one year with a possible extension with max. 3 years.