- a PhD and a background in neuroscience, experimental psychology, artificial intelligence, biomedical imaging or a related field.
- well-developed skills in data-analysis, statistics, scientific computing and programming are critical (Matlab and/or Python).
- a computational attitude towards doing neuroscience.
- an academic track record with first author papers on topics relevant to the position.
- you can communicate clearly and enthusiastically about your science in English, both verbally and in writing.
- enjoy working in an international environment and with professionals of various backgrounds.
- willingness to work in two different labs, about 2,5 hours by train apart.
We strive for a diverse workforce and welcome applications from candidates who might further widen our already diverse teams.
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. The UMCG can provide you with the vaccination, should it be required for your position.
In case of specific professions a ‘Certificate of Good Conduct’ is required.
What do we offer
You will be appointed by the UMCG. The appointment is initially for 2 years (when full-time) with a possible extension depending on performance and budget. Starting date is flexible.
Gross monthly salaries are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of the University Medical Centres (CAO- UMC), increasing from € 3361,- gross per month initially, to € 3505,- gross per month in the second year (scale 10), when fulltime) excluding 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. We offer an extensive package of fringe benefits.
The UMCG is located on Hanzeplein 1, 9713 GZ Groningen, The Netherlands.
The SC is located on Meibergdreef 75, 1105 BK Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
See www.visualneuroscience.nl for more information on the research of the LEO/UMCG and www.spinozacentre.nl for more information on the research of the Spinoza Centre.
For questions about the position
Any questions? Do contact us.
- Frans Cornelissen, Professor, email@example.com
- Serge Dumoulin, Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying for a job
Please use the the digital application form at the bottom of this page - only these will be processed.
In the application, please include a curriculum vitae, names and contact information of two references and a statement that summarizes experience, accomplishment and research interests. We will start evaluating applications from August 15st, 2021, until suitable candidates have been identified.
Within half an hour after sending the digital application form you will receive an email- confirmation with further information.