What we ask
- A master degree in (bio-medical) sciences.
- Interest in cardiology, genetics or both.
- Previous experience with mitochondrial research and cell and animal models of heart disease is a pro.
- A team player that can also work independently.
- Able to express oneself in English in word and writing.
- Two references from PIs of Bachelor and/or Master projects.
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. The UMCG can provide you with the vaccination, should it be required for your position.
What we offer
Full-time appointment for one year, with the possibility of extension for a maximum of four years. Your salary will be a minimum of € 2.495,- gross per month in the first year and a maximum of € 3.196,- (scale PhD) in the final (4th) year, based on a full-time appointment. In addition, the UMCG will offer you 8% holiday pay, and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
The conditions of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for Medical Centres (CAO-UMC). English: http://www.nfu.nl/english/about-the-nfu/
Description of the Institute and the lab
The department of Experimental Cardiology is looking to recruit motivated and enthusiastic scientists! Come and join a dynamic translational research department focusing on heart failure research, with several of the worlds leading experts in the field. Our group offers a stimulating environment in which initiative, curiosity, hard work, fun, and team play are central denominators. We are embedded in the European Heart Failure network, and are combining experimental and clinical work, which results in exciting translational science. Read more about the department and the principal investigators.
The University of Groningen is ranked 65 on the Shanghai index (second in rank in the Netherlands), and its 29.000 students contribute to the vibrant and lively atmosphere of Groningen. The University Medical Centre Groningen (UCMG) is amongst the largest medical centers in the Netherlands, and has strong research lines in cardiology, oncology, nephrology, hosts the European Aging Institute (ERIBA), and several other disciplines, and has up-to-date core facilities allowing state-of-the-art methodology. All communication and meetings are in English, as we work in a multinational team.
For more information about this vacancy, contact:
- Daan Westenbrink, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Herman Sillje, e-mail address: email@example.com
- prof. Rudolf de Boer, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state in your CV the names and contact information of at least two references and add a short biosketch.