- MSc. degree in epidemiology, bioinformatics, statistics or a comparable discipline.
- Experience with statistics and epidemiology, biology or biochemistry.
- Demonstrated competences working with R.
- Having a great interest in midwifery, maternity care and women’s health.
- Candidates who have BSc/MSc degree in midwifery are encouraged to apply.
- Good organizational and communication skills, being a team-player.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
The UMCG and Amsterdam UMC have a preventive Hepatitis B policy. The UMCG can provide you with the vaccination, should it be required for your position.
In case of specific professions a ‘Certificate of Good Conduct’ is required.
Conditions of employment
A PhD position for a period of 4 years. The appointment will be at both institutions of the University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG) and Amsterdam UMC (location VUmc). Your salary will be a minimum of € 2.495,- gross per month in the first year and a maximum of € 3.196,- (scale PhD) in the final (4th) year, based on a full-time appointment. The conditions of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for Medical Centres (CAO-UMC). English: http://www.nfu.nl/english/about-the-nfu/
For more information about this vacancy please contact:
- dr. Lilian Peters, e-mail address: L.Peters@amsterdamumc.nl, phone number: +31 6-25716156 (you can call on Mondays between 12.00 and 13.00 o'clock)
Please do not use the e-mail address for applications.